Von Forell Australia, as part of the world’s largest Working Dog Breeders, is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our customers’ personal information.
Von Forell, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Von Forell’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
What Personal Information does Von Forell collect and why?
Von Forell collects personal information about you in order to provide personalised tailored requirements and information services.
The personal information you provide to Von Forell will enhance the products and services that we offer you. The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services (such as the training equipment), and personal preferences. This information permits us to issue accurate bills and also helps us develop products and plans to suit your needs.
How Von Forell may use your Personal Information
The personal information you provide Von Forell may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- billing you or administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our group companies’ products and services;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our and our group companies’ loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your personal information to keep you informed about features of our Work Shops, New Training Products and up and coming litters or conducting analysis in order to provide better service to you. We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
Sharing your Personal Information
Von Forell may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- our service and content providers, dealers and agents, or any company within the Von Forell group for purposes that are related to providing you with services which would be reasonably expected.
Unless you consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than those who have contracted with Von Forell to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Von Forell will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
Upon your request, Von Forell will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
How to contact us
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Customer Care by phoning +61 3 5786 5388